Sunday, September 13, 2009

Likes and dislikes

What did you like the least about this trip?

Probably the food. There are a lot of breads but much the same kind, like large pita breads. Lots of variety but my system was just not use to it all. My plate at home has 3-4 items on it. Maybe 5. But never 20+. I didn’t think that I’m that fussy of an eater in general, but over the past 4 months I’ve been working real hard to bring my weight down under control. So I’ve been doing it by not eating the thing I enjoy. Desserts and various breads, quite a few less potatoes, etc. So it’s been very challenging but very rewarding at the same time. I had dropped my weight by around 25 pounds leading up to the trip to Lebanon. So while in Lebanon, I found myself eating things I was not crazy about and gaining weight the whole time. Frustrating!!!

So I leave for home thinking I’ve gained 5-10 pounds. I get on the scale the first morning back and found that I had lost 4 pounds while I was gone. I laughed at myself. I suppose a different diet just made me feel differently.

I wonder how many times my perception is off and I just don’t have a scale nearby to bring me down to earth and show me the realities of the situation.

Lord, you be my scale. Show me the realities from your Word that I can stand on and know that all is okay.

What did you like the most about this trip?

I’ve got three things that I think Iiked the most.

1. The team I got to serve with. No exception, they were all great and I'm glad I got to do this with them. Check them out here.

2. Thr cedars on the second last day. You can read about it here if you have'nt yet.

3. The Chidren I got to speak with and laugh with. I wrote about it here.

jp

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
provided by votechdirect.com
trade and vocational schools